DATA MINING, WEB MINING and PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS @UT
We are primarily concerned with analyzing and mining complex data in various forms - web logs, hypertext, XML, databases, signals and images - in order to characterize and understand the underlying phenomena.
Most of our approaches are
related to statistical methods or machine learning and AI techniques, but attuned to complex data and
scalability. We work on fundamental conceptual issues as well as on a wide variety of practical applications.
- Prof. Ghosh presents a keynote speech at ICDM 2013
"Predictive Healthcare Analytics under Privacy Constraints"
- Prof. Ghosh is a co-chair for SDM 2013
- Dr. Koyejo and Prof. Ghosh wins the Amazon Best Student Paper Award at UAI 2013
"Constrained Bayesian Inference for Low Rank Multitask Learning" by Oluwasanmi Koyejo and Joydeep Ghosh
- Prof. Ghosh wins the Best Paper Award at ASPDAC 2012
"EPIC: Efficient Prediction of IC Manufacturing Hotspots with a Unified Meta-Classification Formulation" by Duo Ding, Bei Yu, Joydeep Ghosh, and David Pan
- Prof. Ghosh is a Conference Co-Chair of SDM 2012, Anaheim, CA.
- IDEAL alumna Srujana Merugu wins the Best Paper Award at SDM11
for her paper, "Exploiting Coherence in Reviews for Discovering Latent Facets and Associated Sentiments".
- IDEAL alumnus Kurt Bollacker joins InfoChimps.
"Big Data Giant Joins InfoChimps to Save the World's Structured Information"(Article)
- Prof. Ghosh is a Program Co-Chair of KDD 2011 (with Prof. Smyth of UC Irvine).
KDD is the #1 Conference in Data Mining. KDD 2011 was a huge success with record participation, submissions and quality talks and tutorials.
- IDEAL member Meghana Deodhar is runner-up for Best Student Paper at ICML09
"A Scalable Framework for Discovering Coherent Co-clusters in Noisy Data" by Meghana Deodhar, Joydeep Ghosh, Gunjan Gupta, Hyuk Cho and Inderjit Dhillon
- IDEAL member Alex Liu wins the Best Student Paper Award at DMIN07
"Generative Oversampling for Mining Imbalanced Datasets" by Alex Liu, Joydeep Ghosh, and Cheryl Martin.
- IDEAL alumni Srujana Merugu wins the Best Research Paper Award at KDD07
Deepak Agarwal and Srujana Merugu at Yahoo! Research captured the Best Research Paper Award for their work on "Predictive Discrete Latent Factor Models For Large Scale Dyadic Data." Watch video: Srujana getting her award.
- IDEAL alumni Tumer and Agogino win Best Paper Award at AAMAS07
Kagan Tumer and Adrian Agogino received the Best Paper Award at the 2007 International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems. Dr. Tumer and Agogino, both PhDs from IDEAL, are researching ways to accommodate the anticipated tripling of air traffic over the next decade.
- IDEAL members are runner-up for best research paper at Int'l Conf. on Data Mining (ICDM), Dec 2006.
"Bregman Bubble Clustering: A Robust, Scalable Framework for Locating Multiple, Dense Regions in Data" by Gunjan Gupta and Joydeep Ghosh
- Dr. Ghosh and Dr. Dhillon(CS) receive the 2005 Best Research Paper Award from the UT Co-op Society
for "Clustering with Bregman Divergence" (joint work with IDEAL students Arindam Banerjee and Srujana Merugu)
Award pictures with UT President Faulkner and with President and Deans.